Latest Mobile Tricks

Subtitle

Home

How to Get Rid of Black Mold- the Easy and Cheap Way

Posted by annasmith.smith895 on January 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM

What are those black patches in my bathroom? What is that "mildew" smell? It must be mold again! Black mold, if left untreated, can be a health hazard- potentially causing respiratory problems like asthma and allergies. Even worse, if you have a baby or elderly folks in the house, it can be detrimental to their immune system!

 

There are many chemicals in the market that can kill mold, but the idea of polluting your house with additional toxic fumes can end up giving you more goosebumps. Listed below are safer and more natural alternatives to get rid of black mold symptoms in the bathroom and carpet.

 

If you have a small infected area, you can clean it up yourself without the need of a professional. Save some money by looking in your kitchen cupboard for a few household items. Read on to learn about the three most effective mold-killing materials that are also an excellent substitute for an expensive service bill.

 

What is black mold?

 

Black mold is from growth of small organisms, particularly Strachybotrys Chartarun and Strachybotys Astra, which has been linked to many health problems. Black mold can cause several respiratory problems including bronchitis, asthma, and could be extremely dangerous to younger kids and babies.

 

Black mold can be found anywhere in your home, including ceiling tiles, water soaked wood, walls, floors, and carpet. Small leaks or plumbing problems usually lead to the growth of mold because they strive best in moist environments.

 

If your carpet has gotten wet and did not dry thoroughly, mold can spread in that damp area For example, flood or leakage from the rain can cause carpet to be damp for a prolonged period of time.

 

If you touch mold with a gloved hand, it would feel slimy. It appears black and spotty, but could also have a shade of greenish-yellow. Black mold will have a very distinct “mildew” smell. Sometimes the signs are not as evident. If you begin experiencing an allergic reaction or suddenly having respiratory problems, there’s a possibility of present of black mold.

 

Step-by Step Guide: How To Get Rid of Mold

 

Do not scrape dried mold as it can be released into the air.

 

• Step 1: The first thing you should do is to find some eye goggles, a pair of latex or rubber gloves, and wear protective clothing that covers your whole body. Wear a filter dust mask to prevent inhalation.

 

• Step 2: You need to contain the area that is affected. To do this, use duct tape and a plastic sheet to seal off vents or openings where there might have air flow coming in and out. You can also place a small fan in an open window to direct the mold spores outdoors.

 

• Step 3: Take a stiff brush and clean the affected area with mild soap and water. Place the materials that have been affected in a Ziploc bag and seal it tightly.

 

• Step 4: Apply a disinfectant (or one of the solutions listed below) on the affected area. Don’t forget to spray the surrounding area. This method will kill the remaining mold spores.

 

• Step 5: Rinse the area with hot water. Let the area dry completely. If there’s excess water, you can use a wet/dry vacuum to suck it up. Vacuum thoroughly after it has completely dried up.

 

Related Post: Black Mold Symptoms and Health Effects

Categories: None

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In

0 Comments